Wednesday, January 18, 2012

called to greatness...


Think of all the thoughts that have ever been thought.  Trillions.  All of the knowledge and wisdom that people of our world possess.  What does a 25 yr old like me have to bring to the table?  What innovative idea am I going to come up with that hasn’t already been used? Umm, none?

How does a newlywed give marital advice to a friend who’s been married for 10+ yrs? 

How does a sober man who’s never had a drink tell an alcoholic to just give it up?

How does a blessed man who’s never lost a loved one comfort someone who has just lost the one they love the most?

It’s instances like these that leave me speechless.  Man, if only I were filled with some sort of greatness that could heal the crushed souls around me. 

And then greatness reminds me He’s here…

You see, my greatness is not defined like an athletes stat sheet.  How many HR’s I hit, or how many TD’s I throw?  My greatness isn’t determined by how many problems I solved or situations I fixed.  My greatness is Jesus and the promise that His Holy Spirit will guide.

My age has nothing to do with the fact that I can be used to impact people.  Through the Holy Spirit working in me, I can be used for God’s GREATNESS.    

I’m reminded daily that I can’t live on my own.  I have no ounce of greatness within me aside from the perfection that is Jesus. 

“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” 

“For me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.” 

Time and time again, God uses ordinary people to do extraordinary things.  That’s good news for me!  

No comments:

Post a Comment